Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ken's Meme Deflector: XBlogThis!: An Extended BlogThis! Button

Ken Dyck has created a xblogthis extension of the Blog This! Button from blogger. You can use it to put multiple quotes, automatically create tags and it automatically insert's the author's name, too. I created this post using the tool. It seems to work pretty well.

Ken's Meme Deflector: XBlogThis!: An Extended BlogThis! Button:
The post it generates is fairly straightforward. For a title, it uses the title of the page you are blogging. It begins the post with a link to the page, using the title as the link text, followed by any text you have highlighted on the source page, wrapped in double quotes.
Technorati tags: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 12:53 PM, Blogger Ken Dyck said...

Thanks for mentioning the XBlogThis! bookmarklet, Mike. I hope you and your readers find it useful.

If you have any questions or suggestions for improving it, feel free to contact me.

 
At 12/07/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ken, it's the least I could do given what a good tool it is. I'll have to keep working with it to see if I have any suggestions.

I used it to create a post on the red sox trade rumours yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home